As we edge closer to New Year’s Eve, one of the Midwest’s most popular DJs, Ashton Martin, took over Jake’s Take to reveal his favorite moments from this year!
10. Young Friends of Art (YFA) Summer White Party: Our countdown kicks off with the Young Friends of Art Summer White Party at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art’s Breezeway. This was Ashton’s second time at the DJ booth and he spun tunes for a sold out crowd.
9. The Kemper Gala: On October 12, Ashton continued his museum DJ tour at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art’s Kemper Gala! This year’s theme was “Your Style, Dressed Up” and our favorite DJ ignited the night with hits that all of the art aficionados loved!
8. Fair & Fashionable: Sunflower Dermatology hosted their annual Fair & Fashionable Fashion Show on October 11. Their goal for their guests was to celebrate and embrace their natural skin. The evenings culminated with a fashion show that featured music from Ashton and a special appearance by Sporting Kansas City star and fashion designer Aurelien Collin!
7. Halls and the Chiefs’ Wives: Ashton teamed up with several of the Kansas City Chiefs’ wives and Halls Kansas City for an incredible fashion show! All of the clothing that was showcased on the runway were tailored for each woman, which separated Halls Kansas City from the other major department stores in the city.
6. SmashBoxx: Our favorite DJ had the opportunity to travel to Scottsdale, Arizona to play a set at “Arizona’s Best Nightclub.” He wanted to thank SmashBoxx Arizona for the opportunity to play at one of the most celebrated venues in the country.
5. He played the Royals: Throughout the summer, Ashton spun on the HY-VEE stage at Kauffman Stadium. He was stirred up the crowd, which helped fuel, several victories for the Kansas City Royals!
4. Don’t forget the Chiefs: Ashton continued to show support for Kansas City’s sports teams by playing at the Anheuser-Busch Pre-Game Shows at Arrowhead Stadium earlier this season. He was a proud to play at a majority of the Chiefs’ victorious home games.
3. He helped Heroes & Villains invade the Midland: On October 26, Ashton had the privilege of being part of the entertainment (along with Kansas City local band Lost Wax) for the First Hand Foundation’s Masquerade Ball. The money that both the heroes and the villains raised went to help out local children.
2. The MLS Cup comes to KC: Recently, Ashton had the opportunity of the lifetime to play at the 2013 Major League Soccer Championship game. As he spun, Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City’s soccer team) played Real Salt Lake and won the title after a standstill shootout!
1. The MLS All-Star Game: Our favorite DJ’s most memorable moment of 2013 was playing in the VIP Tent at this summer’s Major League Soccer All-Star Game at Sporting Park. He was honored to participate in the city’s second major All-Star game in two years.
You can catch Ashton and his partner in partying, DJ Highnoone, bring in 2014 at Kansas City’s VooDoo Lounge! For more information about the event, click here: http://www.voodookc.com/#/nightclub/calendar/1
To learn more about Ashton’s adventures, visit his website: http://www.djashtonmartin.com/